Friday, February 3, 2012

A Poem, and First Postcard

I've written a poem about a time that I ran over a rabbit when I was around 17.  I'll post it here because I can, I guess.


I felt the rabbit under the tire
after I saw it dart across the road.
I felt the rabbit under the tire
brown fur suddenly acquiesced
rust-colored stains and
asphalt marks.

bump, flat, now stuck
to the road.

tears were a flood
hysterical, crazy laughter
because I could not believe
what I had just done.

the teacher said that I could
pull over, to take a breath,
but once you are in the mode
of flowing, it's hard to stop.

I felt the rabbit under the tire.
I felt the rabbit under the tire.

And I drove on.

I think it needs a little work, maybe, but I'll take a look at it later.

 
Also, I got my first Postcrossing card the other day, from the Netherlands!  They even used one of the fancy Postcrossing stamps they have over there.  Here's a picture of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment