Thursday, June 21, 2012

Field Trip and a Wedding

So yeah, it's been three months since I've posted anything.  I guess I just got lazy, no excuse for that.

I am going to a wedding on Sunday for a friend of mine - she's marrying an very nice Australian bloke who she met while working at a summer camp a few years ago and will be moving to Australia with him after they take a honeymoon to Disneyworld for two weeks.  It will be the first wedding I have ever gone to, so I'm excited and I'm very glad for my friend.

I'm also taking a short "field trip" to my hometown with another friend of mine tomorrow morning to do some reconciling with my past.  I asked her months ago if she would take me and I won't lie - I have been desperately hoping that she would forget all about it.  But I knew she wouldn't, which is why I asked her, so I couldn't backturn on my decision...so nervous, but I need to do this.

Will write more next entry.

2 comments:

  1. That's one ominous-sounding field trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did make it sound that way, didn't I? It's just I had a somewhat rough time of it growing up, and mainly I don't want to relive bad memories by going back there. I feel that the trip is necessary to understand who've I've become these past few years and what my life really means, though. So, yes.

      Delete