Thursday, July 26, 2012

Biking and stuff

So I mentioned last post about biking and such.  The other morning I biked with my sister to work at 6:30 in the morning and then continued onward to the next town 7 miles away.  Got to the other town at around 7:30 and stood around in a daze for a little bit before I went to the dollar store and bought myself a couple jigsaw puzzles and a soda.  After recovering my stomach I biked back.  It was nice weather, that early, too - the sun was just rising so it wasn't too hot or humid yet.

It was a highly electrifying experience and it made me feel better about the bike trip that's coming up  fast - I got the trip itinerary the other day in the mail and we'll be biking around 30 miles a day for a week to reach Lake Ontario and the Canadian border.  I'm so excited to just have a week to make connections and friendships. I talked to an older friend of mine and she's probably going, so I will most likely share a tent with her.  There are some kinks that need to be worked out (like how I am going to get my sis' bike to the place where we're leaving), but other than that I have everything I need to go.

In other news, I've been reading some - decided to read The Phantom of the Opera because I've always wondered what the book is like compared to the movie(s).  Frankly, I like the newer movie better because the book uses a lot of archaic language and seems a bit overplayed.  I do have a friend named Christine though, so whenever Christine Daae the character is mentioned, I think of my friend Christine.  It's sort of funny.


1 comment:

  1. Awmigawd somebody else uses Blogger. I think I shall faint.

    Frankly, I like the movie PotO better; the book bored me. It needed more singing. BUT, the plot thread with the managers is beyond hilarious.

    ReplyDelete